PART 1 OF 2
CROCHET ADIRONDACK WINTER HAT
Beginner Level Pattern!
Finish in under an hour!
Easily modified for larger or smaller ADULT sizes OR more or less slouch!
Machine wash and dry with a removable pom pom!
VIDEO TUTORIAL & WRITTEN DIRECTIONS!
NOTE: directions for leather tags will be coming soon!
- Bernat Blanket Yarn in Vintage White (makes 2) https://amzn.to/2VwJABi
- 9 mm crochet hook https://amzn.to/2SFbgBV
- Yarn Needle
- Genuine Raccoon Fur Pom Pom 5" 2 pcs with snaps https://amzn.to/2Astu2A
- Waxed Thread (optional) https://amzn.to/2LQbSlT
- Leather Tag/Label (check out our video here)
- Chain (ch)
- Single Crochet (sc)
- Single Crochet Back Loop Only (scblo)
(video for children's size hat below!)
Please reach out if you have any questions. I am here to help! Thank you so much for your support :-)
- Chain 25 (chain 23 for less slouch, or 27 for more slouch) (leave a 4-5" tail)
- Row 1 - Turn work and single crochet 24 across
- Row 2 - Turn work, ch 1, scblo 24 (back loops only - see video below)
- Rows 3 to 28 - Repeat Row 2 (adjust the number of rows by 2 for larger or smaller adult head size but you must end with an EVEN number of rows).
- When you finish your last row, cut a 2 foot long tail and pull it through your last loop to create a knot.
- Thread the end of the 2 foot tail onto your yarn needle and holding the two sides together, overhand stitch the two sides together so that you end where your beginning 4-5" tail was.
- Tie the two ends together in a knot. DO NOT CUT ANYTHING YET
- Once again using the long tail with the yarn needle, you will now cinch the top of the hat closed by using a very long overhand stitch every other row around and pulling it tightly closed. You may still have a small opening in the center when you are done that you can do an "X" stitch across to close. Then pull the both the long and short tail inside the top of the hot and tie into a knot together.
- Now you can either use the yarn needle to weave the ends into the inside of the hat and then clip them off, or you can use the long tail to sew on the snap for the pom pom. I use waxed cotton thread to sew the snap on, however the yarn would most likely work too.
Please check us out on our other social media platforms :-)
Do It Yourself
Products We Sell
Wedding & Shower DIY